Monday, April 30, 2007

Way Cool Shades

I have clip-on sunglasses. Or rather, I had clip-on sunglasses. I had a few pairs, but I always seem to lose them, or break them, or something or other which renders them useless.

So, for the past year, I’ve been squinting while my retinas have been burned to a crisp in the summer’s sun.

Today, I got some new sunglasses. No more clip-on lenses, these are real cool Jack Nicholson-type wrap-around sunny spectacles.

They are UVA and UVB filtered lenses, so they protect my eyes from the blinding sun spots I see. What? You don’t see them too?

Oh-oh!

I got them on my way to the gym after work today. I managed to wear them for the remaining 15-minute trek to the gym. And wouldn’t you know it, when I left the gym it was dark.

Damn! I wanted to show off my new sun glasses to the world.

And tomorrow’s forecast calls for rain. Sucks – I won’t be wearing them again tomorrow either.

But at least I won’t go prematurely blind because of the sun’s evil tanning of my eyes. And I don’t have to squint to see that pole right in front of . . . HEY LOOK OUT!

Guess he wasn’t wearing sun glasses!

Ouchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis