Friday, April 06, 2007

How to Win a Lottery






Everyone has some gimmick or gadget to come up with those magical numbers winning big prizes.

Some people play birthdays, anniversaries, and other such personal numbers. Others spend thousands on books and seminars claiming to have discovered the secret formula to calculate those winning numbers.

My way of winning? Just don’t enter.

Seriously – don’t enter to win. I did just that this past Thursday at work.

The social committee was raffling off Easter Egg gift baskets. Each basket had chocolates, other candies, toys and other cute items. To win, all you had to do was get a raffle ticket from someone on the social committee.

While the social committee was handing out these tickets, I was in a meeting. Go figure! I’m always working while others are at play.

During my meeting, someone drops one of these baskets on the desk in front of me and says “smile for the camera.”

I’m thinking it was for the other person in the meeting – but it turned out I had won the basket.

How?

By NOT playing!

Someone had placed a raffle ticket on my desk while I was in my meeting. They had announced the winning raffle ticket numbers, and one of the baskets remained unclaimed. So, someone thought about checking out the ticket on my desk – and well – by not playing I won.

So, for all those spending ten, twenty, even a hundred dollars per week on lottery tickets, here’s my advice – don’t! You stand a better chance of winning by not playing.

I did.

And hey, I didn’t charge you a small fortune to learn my lottery winning secrets!

Don’t ya feel better now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis