Thursday, April 12, 2007

My Friday, Friday, Saturday Theory

Today (Thursday) is Friday. Friday is Friday. Then comes Saturday and Sunday.

Pretty simple theory uh?

See, tomorrow (Friday) I have off – so today (Thursday) is my Friday. Then the rest of the days just logically flow, to make it back to work on Monday.

Clear as mud?

I began this theory over the Easter Weekend – Good Friday was a holiday. So, the Thursday before the Friday was my Friday. Good Friday was – well, on Friday – duh. And Saturday and Sunday were their respective days, leading up to Monday.

I tell this theory to many people – yet they don’t quite get it.

I don’t know why, I think it is pretty simple.

There seems to be a special “feeling” which I just can’t place into words on Fridays. It is the end of the work week, everyone is rushing around trying to wrap up work so they can leave early and begin their weekend.

Remember that feeling you’d get as a kid, on the last day of school before summer vacation? That’s the same feeling ya get as an adult at the office on Friday. There, I managed to put it into words – I must be a writer worthy of my quill . . .

So, when you have Friday off, you “feel” this way on Thursday because it is your Friday.

Now that you understand that “feeling” you should be able to grasp:

Today (Thursday) is Friday. Friday is Friday. Saturday and Sunday follow leading up to Monday.

Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis