Sunday, August 26, 2007

Trapped By The Wet Shiny Floor


I enjoy cleaning my place – it is relaxing, downtime for my mind and gives me great satisfaction afterwards of a nice clean place.

And although I love my place, sometimes I think it wasn’t designed very well.

Whenever I wash the floors I feel trapped, or boxed-in. It doesn’t matter how I do it, if I want to wash all the floors, somewhere I’ll get trapped, unable to go someplace unless I don’t mind getting wet feet.

I occasionally will wash the kitchen floor, wait until it dries then do the hallways. But that is time consuming – it can take 30-minutes or longer for the floors to dry.

Usually, I’ll start in the kitchen, and go all the way around to my bedroom. Then I just watch TV or surf the net in my bedroom until the floors are dry. Though this means I can’t go out, eat, or go to the bathroom.

I’m trapped by the wet shiny floor!

Right now as I write this I am trapped – so in a sense it gives me an opportunity to take a break from cleaning to write a blog. But, if I have to go to the washroom, get hungry, or just want to go out and do something – I can’t!

I have to wait until the floor dries, otherwise I’ll end up with footprints on the thing, and that doesn’t look good.

I wish they designed this place better, so that I could do all the floors, and still have access routes to all the places I need. Maybe one day they will invent ant-gravity boots so I can float atop the wet floors without actually touching them?

Till then, I wait . . .

OR

They do have those robot vacuums! One of those robot vacuums actually is a floor washer. I could program it to go off when I’m not home, or at night when I am sleeping. That way, I won’t have the need to go anywhere that may be wet.

I’ve been considering getting one of these robotic vacuum things for ages. Now I see the true advantages of having one – the ability to do the cleaning without being stuck in a room for half-an-hour!

I wonder if they have one that does windows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis