Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Boxers or Briefs?

How about BOTH?

Okay – this is going to be one of those very personal touchy-feely types of blogs. Today we’re going to look at the clothing we wear under our outer wear. Underwear. Yeppers – those unmentionables are getting mentioned.

For as long as I’ve been alive, I’ve always worn briefs. I guess when you’re a kid growing up, you just naturally wear whatever your parents buy you. And when it comes to underwear, your mom and dad naturally buy you what they wear – for boys they end up with the same kind of undies as their dad, and vice-versa for girls.

As I was raised in briefs, I’ve always been comfortable in briefs. Briefs seem like the only kind of underwear I would buy. And until recently, they were the only underwear I would buy.

A few weeks ago I was shopping for some tighty-whities and saw boxers. A lot of women supposedly think boxers are sexier on men than briefs. I never was a big fan of boxers, as they are so loose, everything just kind of hangs out of them.

I’ve also seen those tight boxers, called boxer briefs. They are the same length as boxers (which is longer than briefs) but they are tight to the skin (like briefs).

I thought about it, and I took the plunge. After a life-time of wearing nothing but briefs, I decided to buy a couple of packs of boxer briefs to try out. I got two brands, Jockey and Calvin Klein. I even experimented with colors – usually I just get nice bright white. But I got a few grey pair as well.

A few days later, I tried them on. WOW – so comfortable! It was a definite change from my usual undies, but it was a very nice change. A more comfortable change. I like the way they feel, as they are longer than briefs they bend and flex more with my body. As they are tight to the skin, they don’t let everything hang out.

Boxer Briefs are definitely the way I’m going from now on with my underwear. Today I went out and got another eight pair, so I have enough for the week. I will be slowing saying goodbye to my old, worn out briefs which I’ve had for so many years. I’ll be replacing those older briefs with the new boxer briefs.

Interesting, brand names aren’t everything in fashion either. I got all Jockey as the Calvin Klein’s bunched up around the waist area. They are exactly the same size, but the higher fashion Calvin Klein’s just didn’t measure up in terms of comfort.

I may still wear my old briefs at the gym, as they are shorter and probably won’t hang beneath my shorts while I workout. But that will be the next test – wearing a boxer brief while working out. I’ve worn ‘em to work, and elsewhere, but not on a long workout.

I go through a lot of underwear. On days when I workout, I go through at least two pair – one during the workout and one after the workout after I’ve showered. Some days I may go through three pairs – if I go swimming I’m liable to have changed undies three times.

Underwear is one of those things no one talks about, but it is so very important. It really is extremely important that our under layer be just as comfortable – if not more so – than our outer layer.

I’ve always bought 100 percent cotton undies too. Cotton is best for wicking away the sweat and moisture caused by our hot bodies during the course of a day.

I still makes sure all my underwear is all cotton, but now I’ve got boxer briefs and two colors to choose from. Daring! Maybe next time I’ll buy black undies, or red ones, or even a male thong. . .

Uh er – well maybe not a thong. Some things just don’t look comfortable or decent no matter how much – or how little – material they put into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis