Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Nice Clean Shave



I try not to shave on the weekends. Partly because I’m lazy on weekends and just trying to relax, partly to give my skin a rest.

Shaving is hard on skin. It dries it out, stretches it out, and who knows what else.

I went to the gym today and decided I’d better shave, as I’m having dinner with the parents. So I shaved at the gym. I brought my own razor, but used the shaving gel the gym provides in the men’s locker room.

I usually use the foam shaving cream, but at the gym they had only the clear shaving gel. So, I put it on and began my shave.

It was really smooth!

I was really impressed with the way the razor glided down my face smoother than with the foam I usually use.

After shaving, I checked my mug in the mirror – hey! It even looks closer than with the cream I use!

I think from now on I’ll use gel. Or at least, once I use up my current supply of cream I will try out some of the other shaving products.

It must be a woman thing to try new personal hygiene products. Us men, pick a product off the shelf randomly, and use that product forever and ever, unless it either gives us a rash, or through some other act of randomness, we’re forced to use something else.

I’ve been using the same foam shaving cream, same brand of deodorant, even the same brand of hand soap for years. Rarely do I try anything new – even though I see the ads on television, and often I see the specials at the store.

I always hear woman at the office talk about this new cleanser, or that new whatever it is. Us men don’t talk about our personal care products. We don’t generally shop around for them. We just stick with whatever was the first product we ever tried – which is usually the one which was the cheapest at the time.

I guess that’s why they put hot babes in shaving cream ads, to get our attention. Why would a woman be in a shaving cream ad for a man’s shaving product otherwise?

I think I’ll dare to be different. NO – I won’t become gay or “metro sexual” whatever the hell that means. But I will take the time to try new personal care products. I had a great experience at the gym trying something totally different – might be worth the while to try new things on a more regular basis.

I may even find something which does something better than my current something!

So, the lesson for us men out there is simple – just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis