Friday, May 25, 2007

Nesting Problems


I have two mammoth window mount air conditioners in my windows. One is in my bedroom, the other in my living room. Both are 10,200 BTUs – that’s a lot of power for the non-technically inclined.

With the summer weather here, I’ve been using them non-stop. Had an interesting experience the other day – birds nesting in one.

I was in my bedroom and heard birds on the windowsill. Not an unusual thing happens all the time as I am high up. But these birds were sitting on my window mount air conditioner.

There was a whole bunch of them out there, just sitting on the air conditioner. The air conditioner was on and running, but surprisingly, the vibrations and the noise didn’t scare them off.

Maybe they liked the vibrations? Maybe that’s how birds and bees engage in the uh er you know. . .

But I was thinking, what if they were nesting in there?

That would be bad, as then I could end up with fowl smells – pardon the pun, though its well intentioned.

So, I banged on the air conditioner and they flew away. So far they have gone and not returned, but we’ll see. I may have to get my rifle and . . .

SHOOT ‘EM and cook ‘em up for dinner.

Just kidding.

Maybe.

I’ll never tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis