Saturday, May 26, 2007

Automatic Shower Cleaner Update

A while back, I wrote about finally getting the Magic Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. This automatically cleans your shower after every use, so that you don’t have too.

More importantly, I got it so that I wouldn’t break my neck slipping and falling while scrubbing the shower.

SO, has this thing worked? Is my shower spotless?

The claim on the package and in all the ads for it on television say that after one full bottle of cleaner has been used, your shower will be noticeably cleaner.

I think the jury is still out on this one. I think my shower is clean, but it was clean before I began using the automatic shower cleaner. I keep my place spick and span clean. I do minor clean-ups every day, and a major clean-up every weekend.

I have noticed a nice, pleasant scent after using the automatic shower cleaner. But is my shower actually cleaner since using this thing?

I don’t think so. I think this shower cleaner does a great job of making it smell nice, but does it make it cleaner?

I have also noticed that the taps are slippery with left over residue from the cleaner. This is easy to rinse off, but it certainly isn’t clean – let alone cleaner. In fact, after I clean my shower myself, there is no residue left behind – I make sure of that.

Still, using this cleaner every day probably reduces the chances of mold, mildew and other nasties from sticking to my shower.

Would I go out and buy this thing again for another shower? Probably not – it is a nice gimmick, but I’m starting to think that is all it is.

I have another couple of bottles of cleaner – maybe after they have been used I’ll see a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis