Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Women With Issues

Stress is a normal part of being alive. Everyone experiences stress in some form or another, and anything and everything can cause it.

From being cut off in traffic, to simply not having enough time at the end of the day to do what you want to do – we all go through stress.

But why is it, some women seem to never get beyond their stresses?

We had a stress reduction day at the office today. Everyone got free fruit smoothies, and a free anti-stress seminar. The seminar leader, a supposedly “expert” on stress and becoming stress free was a very entertaining speaker.

That’s exactly what I commented when others asked what I thought of her seminar.

“Oh, she was entertaining,” I said to all those who asked about the seminar.

I never said entertaining was good, or bad. In this case – I don’t know for sure yet, but I think it was bad.

The seminar leader – this so-called “expert” essentially went on about how she knows how to deal with stress, because of all the problems in her life.

And boy, does she have a lot of problems.

She went on, and on and on about all her problems.

I learned she is 45, a single mom, living at home with her mother and her two teen age daughters. Oh and she has an old dog with bad breath. She was left by her first husband – he just got up one day, and never came home. Her next relationship wasn’t any better, she says she dated one of the FBI’s most notorious con men – and was taken for a ride.

Although her stories were interesting, I didn’t really come to listen to yet another woman with “issues” drone on about them.

We all have problems, that’s just part of life. If life we perfect, we’d have nothing to work towards to grow, learn and develop from.

Still, many women I have encountered throughout my short time on this planet seem to be the ones with all the problems. Or at least, they are the ones that just can’t get on with their petty lives. They appear to enjoy wallowing in their own problems, and put up gigantic emotional fences, never letting anyone close – for fear of being burned again.

Odd how you never hear about men doing this. I’ve never met another man that can’t go out on a date, because his ex took all his backbone. I hear horror stories from men about the awful things women do – and they can be just as ruthless as men.

But I never hear a man go on and on and on about it like women. I don’t know any men that block out others emotionally because they were burned by a woman. And I have never seen a man stand up in front of a professional corporate crowd, as a paid expert, and instead of speaking about what everyone thought the topic was, go on and on and on about their “issues.”

Only women seem to have issues.

And WOW – those that do have issues sure are f**ked in the head.

Now, I can already see the hate emails piling up, so let me just say right now that not all women have issues. Not every woman I’ve met has issues – in fact most I know don’t. Those few that do have issues are rare – thankfully.

However, the reality remains, you never see a man with “issues.”

I don’t know much about the sexual revolution, the battle of the sexes, or anything to do with bra burning – I don’t wear one so I can’t burn it.

But I do know those with issues are f**cked in the head. And none of those that are f**cked in the head are men. Therefore, the sex with the most f**cked in the head members are those of the female variety.

Now, men and women and dating and marriage and all the things that stem from a relationship of some form or another are never simple, easy or pain free. We all have had great relationships with those of the opposite sex, and we have all had terrible, horrible, awful relationships with the opposite sex as well.

That’s just part of the process. Live and learn from your good and bad experiences.

But those with “issues” don’t know how to let go and live – so they will never experience the bad again. Problem is, you can’t have the good without the bad. And, if you really learned from an experience, instead of simply bitching and moaning about it the rest of your life, then – and only then – would you learn how to avoid or reduce the chances of going through that exact same bad experience again.

But what do I know? I’m a man – and I don’t have issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis