Sunday, July 22, 2007

My Own Personal Spa

I was down at the pool today and was having an incredibly relaxing wonderful time.

The sun was shining, the sky was the brightest blue, dotted with specks of white fluffy clouds. It was hot enough to go for a dip in the pool and the water was cool and refreshing.

I’d spend some time diving into the pool, doing a few lengths back and forth, and just lying on my towel, soaking up some sun.

I was at peace.

As I lay on my towel, just relaxing, I thought to myself, that many will pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars to enjoy the same benefits at some luxury spa.

Suckers.

I don’t have a personal masseuse, and I didn’t put cucumbers on my eyes and green mud on my face, but who needs all that? Besides, I never could figure out what cucumbers on the eyes were for – cucumbers make great pickles, but don’t make the best glasses.

My pool is part of my building’s complex – open to all 276 units. But it is oddly never busy. There is a pool down the street for all the townhouses in the area – that pool is always packed. There are so many little kids in that pool.

Not in my pool – when I was there were only about five people in the pool area and all were adults except the lifeguard.

Because the pool is never busy, I can do as I please without worrying about interfering in or around others. I can dive as many times as I want, without having to wait for a lot of clearance. I can do lengths, without having to worry about someone getting in my way. And I can just be lazy, lounging around the side of the pool, without having some kid splash me.

I have my own private resort, and I don’t have to drive for hours on the highway to some hick town, pay an outrageous fee, and do oddball things – like wearing cucumbers on my eyes.

Ah the good life.

Now, if only I could figure out what to do with those cucumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis