Thursday, July 05, 2007

Grillin in the Rain

Anyone who reads this blog regularly knows I love my BBQ. It is fast, fun and tasty. And it is a great social activity too – I often have friends and family over for BBQs.

Today after a good long workout at the gym, I was starving. I hadn’t eaten much all day, and had a pretty strenuous workout consisting of my usual weight lifting and cardio routines.

The sun was out, it was getting hot – perfect weather to pop open the BBQ and grill up some dinner.

After I had already begun heating up the BBQ, the clouds suddenly rolled in and it began to rain. It was a fairly heavy and consistent downpour. But I could see the sun peaking through the clouds, so I knew it was just going to be one of those light, freakish summer storms.

You know the type – in and out as quick as a one night stand.

This rainstorm was good for me. The rain wasn’t coming in on my covered balcony, so I was able to BBQ all while listening to the rain fall, and watching the world get soaked.

It was amazing!

Very peaceful, and the air was fresh and clear from the rain falling from above. Not to mention the burgers and sausages I had on the grill added some mesquite aromas too – which was really cool.

I’ve BBQed in the rain before, at friend’s places. Usually we have to grab everything and carry it into the garage, and BBQ in there. Not at my place – the rains didn’t come in – I was lucky.

It’s quite an incredible thing – being high atop the city, BBQing in the rain. I really enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to the next rainstorm – I’ll grab my tongs and grill away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis