Sunday, March 11, 2007

First Signs of Spring


I went outside today without any jacket or coat – just in a grey t-shirt and blue jeans. It was the first time I’ve been outside without a jacket since winter – a sure sign that spring is just around the corner.

It felt great being outside sans winter gear.

But what was even better was the feeling of freedom in the air.

The air was fresh, and clean – almost as if Mother Nature had done some of her own spring cleaning.

It was warm, bright and sunny and clear. I could see right down to the lake in the south and way past the city’s limits in the north.

I spent a good chunk of today just loafing around on my balcony, watching the city as spring made an early entrance.

Tonight, spent some more time outside on the balcony – watching the stars. It is still clear, just a little cooler. It is something amazing to see and to feel, as the city wakes up to spring.

We sprung ahead this weekend time-wise, but it appears so too did nature.

The birds were out, and so too were us people, enjoying ‘em.

Dog walkers were out, joggers, even some kids were outside playing in the park.

People often say winter, or summer, or fall are their favorite seasons. I think my favorite season isn’t a season at all. My favorite season is the time between winter and spring, when the world wakes up.

I feel so alive, breaking out of the winter dullness and experiencing a whole new old friend – spring.

Welcome to spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis